Complete guide to brewing kratom tea
Why Brew Kratom Tea?
The majority of kratom consumers stir their powder into liquid, take capsules, or do a toss and wash method.
The benefit of consuming tea is the powder has been removed. The powder is hard on the digestive tract, especially the liver. Consuming the powder is also known to cause negative side effects: nausea, headaches, dizziness, constipation, and/or vomiting.
Consuming the tea is much smoother on the body and rarely results in negative side effects.
How much should I use?
A tablespoon of kratom is equal to roughly 4grams.
An average stimulating serving of kratom is 2-3 grams, and a sedative serving of kratom is 4 to 8 grams.
We recommend brewing several servings, instead of one cup. If you are going to put in the effort to brew kratom tea, making more servings takes no extra time.
Whatever you do not drink, can be chilled in the fridge. Kratom lasts for two to three weeks.
What you Need:
- 25 grams of Kratom
- 6 Cups Water
- Lemon or Grapefruit juice (Recommended but not required)
- Pour 6 cups of water into a deep pot (deep is better than wide) and bring water to a boil.
- Add 25 Grams of kratom and reduce heat and let simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take the pot off of the heat. Let sit for 10-15 minutes, do not stir while the pot sits. As the pot sits, the kratom powder will sink to the bottom while the tea floats on top.
- Once the majority of the powder has separated you can pour the tea off the top into your cup, or pour all of the tea into another pot, leaving the powder in the first pot. Throw away the remaining kratom powder.
- Once the tea has been separated from the powder add lemon or grapefruit juice. This will potentiate the effects of the kratom.
- Your tea is done. Feel free to add a sweetener of your choice!
- Leftover tea will keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks when stored with a little lemon juice for preservation.
- While waiting for the tea to completely separate from the powder, you can scoop the liquid off the top with a ladle after it has separated.
- Instead of brewing kratom in a pot in a stove, you can use a crockpot.
Options for adding Flavor or Sweetener
- Boil separately cinnamon, licorice, and star anise or other herbs of your choice. The licorice and cinnamon both act as a sweetener to help counterbalance the bitter taste of the kratom. Strain the concentrate into the already brewed kratom tea (brewing this simultaneously with the kratom will save time).
- Add one or more tea bags of your choice to the kratom tea after it is taken off of heat. Remove the tea bags once they have fully steeped.
- Add juice or flavored syrup to the kratom tea.
- Sweeten with sugar or honey.
Owner and Founder of Quinteassence
September 16th, 2020